Home - News - Links
Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
525 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5G 2L2
Download conference flyer
Discount UP Tickets from Pearson Airport to Downtown Toronto
CNS-2016 has arranged for a special discounted price for 1-way or 2-way tickets from Pearson Airport to Union Station (in downtown Toronto) for registrants to this year’s CNS Annual Conference (and CNS/CNA Student Conference). Union Pearson (UP) Express trains depart every 15 minutes and the journey takes just 25 minutes.
UP Express tickets may be purchased from an UP Express Guest Services Representative at the UP Pearson Airport Station upon arrival. The special discounted adult fare is $9 for the 1-way trip (regular price is $12) or $18 for a 2-way ticket. You must show confirmation of your registration to CNS-2016, i.e., the receipt you received when you registered. Please make sure you have your receipt with you, either in hard copy or saved electronically on your smart phone.
For more information on UP: UP Express is more than just the promise of a fast 25 minute ride. Travellers are at the centre of everything UP does - from free Wi-Fi on trains and in stations courtesy of CIBC, airline check-in kiosks where you can print boarding passes, baggage tags, personal outlets to charge devices and up-to the-minute flight information.
The 2016 CNS Annual Conference and Student Conference in Toronto is just around the corner (June 19-22, 2016), and excitement is growing as events and guest speakers are confirmed!
There will be an NAYGN professional Development Seminar on Sunday June 19. You can register for this Seminar via the link below.
The following will be included in your registration:
- Sunday Evening Reception
- Monday morning welcome addresses by key Government and Industry officials
- 35 keynote and plenary speakers including the W.B. Lewis lecture which will be given by Professor Art McDonald, Physics Nobel Laureate, at the Monday Morning Session
- 70 presentations in parallel Technical Sessions
- Access to 40+ Sponsors and Exhibitors
- Network opportunities with 400 fellow participants
- 40 Student Poster Presentations at the Monday evening Wine and Cheese Reception
- 13 Honours and Awards presentations at the Tuesday Luncheon
- Tuesday evening Banquet and Entertainment with Live Band
- Wednesday Luncheon speaker and conference closing remarks
Register now at cns2016conference.org, and join one of the premiere nuclear science and technology events of the year!
Art McDonald, 2015 Nobel Prize winner in Physics: 2016 W.B. Lewis Lecturer – June 20, CNS2016
The Canadian Nuclear Society’s 36th Annual Conference will be held in Toronto, ON M5G 2L2, 2016 June 19 - June 22, in conjunction with the 40th Annual CNS/CNA Student Conference, at the Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel.
The central objective of this conference is to provide a forum for exchanging views, ideas and information relating to the application and advancement of nuclear science and technology, and for discussing energy- related issues in general.
Invited speakers in Plenary sessions will address broad industrial and commercial developments in the nuclear field.
- Speakers in technical sessions will present papers on industrial, research and other work in support of nuclear science and technology.
- Plenary, technical and student poster sessions will highlight future developments in the field and discuss the challenges faced by the nuclear community.
- University students in student poster sessions will talk about their research and academic work (a separate Call for Students’ Extended Abstracts will be issued for the Student Conference).